Saturday, July 12, 2008

At nine in the evening

At nine in the evening

It was exactly nine in the evening

And the blinking light is not blinking

And the green light does not shine.

At nine in the evening

I go to the porch and with my tired figure touch the stretched skin of night

The blinking relationship light is not blinking

And nobody will invite me to the dance of yellow and white

At nine in the evening

It was exactly nine in the evening

I long for you, I long for your smile, I long for your touch

At nine in the evening

The night has come

The call was not echoed, it was silenced

The garage door did not opened

And my longing for you is echoed in the heat of night

At nine in the evening

It was exactly nine in the evening

And day was gone, perhaps tomorrow the call will come.

Lorca told by Yahya July 2008

No comments: